PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe MAPS
Thread: Flybe MAPS
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2006, 08:48
EK4457

Location: A place where something is or could be located; a site.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems to be a problem with these schemes....

I applied for the last Thomson.fly approved scheme at Jerez about a year ago.

I thought the FTE organised assessments were very well handled and the results were prompt. The problem started when they handed over their info and recommendations for airline interview.

Managed to get though to the last 15 interviews at Luton but these were less than 3 weeks before we were due to start!!

I was only given 2 days notice to attend the interview at a time set by them (hardly any flexability).

I had already decided not to accept a place even if it was offered. Just completely un realistic for many reasons:

- Need 4 wks notice for my job
- Same for house
- Would need to sell my car
- Finance. A whopping £60k loan reasearched, signed and sealed within a matter of days (blind, rushed and foolish treatment of money is NOT a measure of how much you want the job- so no 'if you really want it then you wouldnt think twice' comments please!)

Not to mention sodding off family/friends/girlfriend for 62 weeks with days notice.

As it happens, they didnt offer me a place. But they didnt think to let me know. I had to call up 1 week before the start date and find out over the phone.

Quite ironic really as they expect you to have a stable/acive social and family life and a respectable job of some description. Yet, to actually accept a place you need to be unemplyed with no relationships and a foolhardy attitude towards money!

Rant over.

Honest!!

Ek