PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Early Config change
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2006, 01:50
Pilot Pete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TDK mk2
I don't know if it's brave or foolish to admit this, but I've done it - some years ago now.
I take my hat off to you sir for highlighting a personal error for the greater good of us all.

If I remember correctly, these 'motor programs' can be fouled up when one hears the stimulus, but executes the wrong motor program in response. It's a bit like making a cup of tea, turning the kettle on and then opening the fridge to get the tea bags.......

We've all done similar things where we cannot believe we did what we just did, usually caused by a slight distraction and not applying as much thought as necessary to the task in hand.

On my conversion course to the 737 I turned the right hydraulic pumps off instead of the engine anti-ice......taught me a good lesson in the sim and highlighted a possible design failure in one of Mr Boeings finest. I then started to apply what a wise old trainer had told me many moons before; "think which switch you want to move. Put your fingers on it. Check that it is the right one and then move it." Wombling wise words...

PP