PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LifeFlight Melb. Last one out, please turn off the lights.
Old 12th May 2006, 13:18
ems01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STOP HE BS

Sorry all, very close to the industry, all I can say is what BS. I am so frustrated that this crap is going on and nobody from the industry can reply to all this emotive crap that is going on with lifeflight.. Sorry, Lifelight is a 9 to 5 operation, sure they are an IFR machine, big deal if your crew are asleep at home, so much for a 15min turnout...get real SPINWING.
Originally Posted by spinwing
Overwait...

Well done .. according to my sources, you are correct the N3 were checked out last week and yes they COULD carry the Neonate Cot.... providing all of the paramedic equipment currently carried for ambulance tasks was removed.

With time required to remove/re-install that necessary Ambulance mission equipment, AND a NETS mission requiring an average of 4Hrs of dedicated time ...I put it to you would NOT be the best way to serve Melbourne with either type of service!

The Bk is available for service after 5PM ...albeit by prior arrangement (due to crewing requirements).

The contract for a 24 Hr service was subject to need and funding be made available ... It is an IFR service NOT restricted to daylight hours!!!

I understand the corporate support does STILL exist but is finite and thus needs topping up from other sources.

It still is a not for profit organisation!

I also know about the "players" here in Melbourne ... on ALL sides!

Cheers