PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger pontification and pilot safety
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2006, 16:03
Tigs2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pasenger
What is your experience in Human Factors?? You once again quote Kegworth, you prove that a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Passenger, do you know why the fan blade cracked??
Do you know why the pilots shut down the wrong engine??
Do you know why the pilots were staisfied they had shut down in their minds the correct engine??
Are you aware of the lack of training on type the pilots had recieved??
Are you aware of the unreliability of instrumentation (vibration gauges) on the previous model of aircraft??
Are you aware of the distractions from ATC that contributed to the pilots not completeing a full review of the situation??

I think the answer is NO! Therefore as i said in my original post which the MOD seemed not to like, You profess to know much, but you know nothing, and even when faced with advice and information from professionals, you refuse to accept it.

The cause of any crash can always be put down to the pilots as they are the last ones with their hands on the controls, however, if you read reports which were later discredited, and then do no further research their is not much i can do. I do not think you exaggerated your ignorance of Human Error, i really believe you know nothing of the subject.