PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mountain Flying
Thread: Mountain Flying
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2006, 10:08
170'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's get specific?

If you go thru a serious Mtn flying school, they have a specific type of SAFER approach for just about everything you’ll run into…

Paco’s photo is a clear indicator of a demarcation line. But with clear evidence such as this, there are still a lot of people who would stumble around trying to decide how to get in. Until they either abandon the job or feel they have to commit to the last thing they thought of, because everyone’s watching or getting pissed off with the delay….

It’s all well and good to say…Wait until another day? But what if every day’s the same

An interesting diversion is to ask yourself, if you could or would try get in, under the conditions imposed in Paco’s photo…

Try to imagine what the wind strength is, and is it all bad, all good, or (Yawn) just another day in the hills…

Imagine your task is to put out a crew to install a repeater site? At some point your going to need to sling some steel or aluminum, bagged concrete mix, water etc..

Forget that it’s at 29,000’ (I think?)

Imagine it’s 7000’

I’ll post my opinion in a few day’s if anyone responds!

This is NOT a challenge, Just a way we can all consider options, be it one or 100

170..I edited the imaginary height to a more common height, so more people can relate to it

Last edited by 170'; 11th May 2006 at 15:33.