PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - European corporate pilot pay...
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2006, 09:19
Thunor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To be honest Oluf I don't have a specific type in mind I'm just trying to get a general idea.
Perhaps I ought to explain a little more. I am an experienced yet presently unemployed Turboprop Captain. I am becoming increasingly frustrated by my failing attempts to re-enter this market. My lack of "currency" is proving to be a major obstacle with the airlines. I cannot consider - or rather they won't consider me - the airline jet operators for the same reason plus the fact that (aged 48) I am now far too old anyway!
I know that the corporate jet world is notoriously difficult to break into and I am just trying to ascertain if this is an option to me both as a career move and financially. Whilst if I am honest the corporate world appeals to me far more than the regional airlines (my Air Taxi days of flying piston twins still remains the most fun flying ever) the fact remains that IF I can get a Direct Entry Turboprop Command then I am once again earning 45-50k a year as opposed to ???? as a co-pilot on a business jet?