PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA Flight-Deck Affirmative Action
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2006, 23:41
bman0429

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have yet to hear one person's alternative to AA. The only thing I have heard is maintain the status quo.

Also AA isn't ment to place unqualified people in places they shouldn't be. It is meant to take proactive steps act getting people previously deined access to jobs opportunities. The forementioned policy is called a Quota system and that certainly isn't "fair". But llife rarely ever is.

To all who have posted I really do appreciate the civility shown. It says alot about character. And the only reason I started in on this was because the debate seemed pretty one sided and I love SA! Just love it and I know why its painful for you to want to leave.

I also know what its like to be discriminated against, for real and as a culture. Now many might say that I have done well for myself as a pilot, but I would tell them it certainly had nothing to do with AA. You see cause in this biz we maybe hired for what ever reason (AA, cronyism, nepotism) but your peers will know if you can fly or not and shame on you if you can't.

To be honest I wish I could live in SA and earn a living.