PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates EK201 to JFK - 3 Man crew again!
Old 10th May 2006, 13:19
popay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Hey guys, Methinks one has to weigh his decision very carefully unless, of course, being on the war trip with the company and possessed through a burning wish to screw them up any way. If that's not the case, I believe a commander can only judge upon safety of the flight conduction after his check in and assessment of well being of his crew and the whole situation. I wouldn't put too much weight on the delay , yet I'd inform the dispatch of no intention to use my discretion resulting in possible intermediate landing (even if its Reykjavik), provided one doesn't want to use it. It'd be interesting to hear what they say, most probably the flight deck will be replaced. Another possible solution would be to fly faster in order to regain the delay. You guys are flying with a relieve pilot and at least can take rest. We were doing FDP of 13 hours without relieve pilot, three of us dying and fighting sleep during approach. That's soooo useless although legal, if you ask me. Even if there will be 10 pilots sitting in the cockpit for more than 12 hours without rest, all of them are useless. Here we go again money talks, doesn't it?
Best of luck folks.