PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LifeFlight Melb. Last one out, please turn off the lights.
Old 10th May 2006, 06:01
Brett Rankin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any commercial operator can approach the community or seek sponsorship.... My experience is that the community and most (if not all) sponsors seek to support an operation with a benevolent focus, not one that provides $$ in the pockets of its directors or shareholders....
I don’t disagree with the view that "Any helicopter can be essential to anyone’s survival at any given time or place", .... I was responding to specific claims that charitable operations somehow make the industry unsafe!
Our problem is not with our sponsors... they already invest substantial annual $$, our quarrel is with government's who expect a dedicated HEMS (10 hours a day) for $250,000 per annum.
If you have a problem with LifeFlight needing to do commercial work in order for us to help fund our dedicated Children’s Helicopters… then you actually agree with me! … this is the basis to why we’ve asked government to review its contribution. We don’t want to have to do this either!!!!!
cheers
BR

PS: Bellfest - Your poem is somewhat offensive in its suggestion - I do drive a BMW (not current model but great car), dont own raybans, and cant afford AMARNI....

Last edited by Brett Rankin; 10th May 2006 at 10:24.