PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Filing VFR flightplans
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2006, 07:09
GBALU53

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Riverboat

I do agree with some of your comments.

The Jersey Zone is not all within the French FIR ,15 percent is within the UK FIR and the rest 85 percent is within the French this is due to the EGTT-LFRR
FIR boundary does not run along 50 degrees north.

At 50 north 2 west it this is correct when in gets to 3 west it is a 4950 North all maps show this quite clearly.

So Jersey does not receive all the route charges from the French portion of Eurocontrol.

There was an issue from the French in Paris a number of years why do we pay this to Jersey.

The Controllers in Brest would need a lot more staff to handle the Zone traffic so they do not want it.

The whole of the Zone is not all class A around the Islands you will find area of class D airspace.

At least from a private pilots view it is nice to have the comfort zone of being under radar all the time and will take the pressue of some pilots if the vis does go down they can concentrate on flying the aircraft.

I far as i am aware they will not bight if every one abides by the rules laid down file a flight plan get it activated and call well before for entry into class A airspace.

These rules apply to all flights into class A so if every one does play by the rules and class A controller will shout back and not allow entry in the class A.

The Jersey Zone types of traffic has changed over the last twenty to thirty years form aircraft operating F090 to F130 but now with all the executive jets operating in and out of the Zone as well as all the Dash Q400s these aircraft are all fighting for the higher levels it would help if the Channel Zone went up to F250 which is the top of the lower Brest sector.