PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF9 Rejected Takeoff MEL.
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2006, 11:07
chockchucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A one or two hour delay is one thing Capt. Fathom. A 10+ hour delay is something else.I think if I was one of the pax concerned I'd also have been a little impatient after having to hang around for an extra 10 hours after going through a rejected takeoff. Reckon I would've liked the option of going home and trying again the next day.Particularly after the first five hours of waiting with no commitment from the airline as to when I might be on my way. And as for "the sooner the punters can get from point A to B without an aeroplane the better!", there would be plenty of those punters who also wish for exactly that. It's no picnic travelling from one side of the globe to the other in cattle class. Especially if you get a crook crew who seem to think of their customers as ****e under their fingernails!

Anyway, I'm sure all pax concerned have reached their desinations and just chalked the whole episode up to bad luck by this stage. However, I am interested in what some of the crewing ramifications of such a lengthy delay were. For instance, was a replacement crew required to operate the aircraft from MEL-SIN due the hour restrictions on the original crew?

And what of the crew that was awaiting in SIN to take the aircraft onto LHR? Did they have to be substituted or did they just get an extra 10hrs in the hotel? Just curious as to how these things might work.