PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2006, 09:05
jack747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Left Coaster
Hi guys,
Couple of questions about Jack747's post, if I may...I am pretty sure the school fees equal 12 months, can someone comfirm for us? Thx. Regarding the ALPA S and CGO T and C's, where did you get this info? I would like to see some material wrt your statement. No challenge from me here, I am simply curious as to how this might happen? As far as where a crew gets to sit when paxing, I was informed after asking about it that seniority (if it exists) designates where a crewmember might sit. If there is space galore, we all get a good seat (According, of course, to the rules) but when space is tight; expect fare paying pax to get the seat, not you. It's the same almost everywhere. Speaking of everywhere...tax on tix? Get used to it, no airline I can think of will give a "freebie" when they have to pay tax (also see taxable benefits) or have govt implemented surcharges on it themselves. Pass it ALL on to you...ask your buddies at other airlines, I would bet that they have to cough up $$$ as well. Standard practise all over the world. Sorry to have to break it to you here. Hope the rest of the job is OK, it does sound like the place is not too bad, and if a guy was to chill a bit... it might be fun...
C YA
Hi all. Regarding school fees, I wrote, that I am not sure how it works, but on other posts (Phil Sguares, Chambudzi) it comes that it is not sure how it works.
Ts and Cs; on every meeting with CP or anybody from roastering division, you can hear that. They are working on that subject, but untill we have to fly together with main fleet, we have CA rules.
Paxing; when you read the contract, it is stated that that above 3 hours you have a seat in busines class, that is all. After you join, there is one small addition, `according to the rules....`. The same is with payment for positioning. In general info they state that you will have half of flying allowance. After you join, again , `according to the rules` comes on, and you will be paid only in case positioning is immediately before or after you duty. On long 744 flights it never happens.
Tax on tickets; maybe you are right, but it is my third company, and first where i have to pay tax on my tickets. And pls do not mix airport taxes (what is normal everywhere) with our Personal Income Tax.
Rest of job is ok, but there is so many small things, disadventages, thay at the end it comes to your expences or gains. And what is unacceptable for me, many of this small problems could be easily solved without any expences from the company, just with a good will.