PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canberra Runway Works.....
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2006, 23:05
No Further Requirements

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day all,
Great to see this all being discussed at this level, however, has anyone said anything to AIS or Canberra Airport? ATC just deal with what we get, and it's a lot easier for us down here just to look at the plate - up there it's a different matter. Are there any other runway works that have happened at different locations that have had ammended plates or an AIP SUP to cover it?
Originally Posted by blueloo
could the controllers please not cut the jets in when completing the full LOC approach in average weather
The 6000ft intercept begins downwards at just under 13NM to touchdown. ATC should ensure that you are on the localizer 2NM before this, so at15NM to T/D, which is right abeam WLE. If this is not being done, please let me know. Sometimes there may be a reason to cut you in a little tighter for sequencing, but once you are pointiong more northerly, we can drop you to 5000ft for the approach. This ensures you will not get any dud GPWS warnings (which is the whole reason for the 6000ft intercept...)
Originally Posted by hoss
how about more of those 'inside 4.0DME' when you only have Rwy35 on offer
We do try to do this as often as possible. Sometimes it may not be available for sequencing purposes, or because of TWR traffic. Believe me, we love it too as it gets you down quicker!
mumble...mumble...bloody noise abatement....mumble...mumble....
Originally Posted by woftam
Thanks for the approach controllers perspective
No worries!
If you guys/gals have any more quieries or suggestions, please feel free to PM me.
Cheers,
NFR.