PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Two Swiss Pilots (SPA) Board members manipulate CLA vote results
Old 4th May 2006, 14:54
Kabooom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know

It's ok to be picky, but there used to be a Crossair and they did have MD80s flying on charter destinations. So my reflection was that at the time when there was a Crossair company, some of the pilots didn't have a too stressful work situation.

When Swissair went belly up, the new "Swiss Intl Airlines" was formed out of what was left of Swissair and Crossair, since Crossair was about to go down as well. Now the regional part (Swiss European) is supposed to have about the same contractual agreements as their competitors, in order to be cost effective. Until today, it is my understanding that the cost per pilot hour was far to high in comparison.

The ex Swissair pilot group contributed during the formation of Swiss with with large paycuts, increased working hours and significantly reduced pension schemes. In comparison to other "main carriers" this pilot group is "cheaper" than most other European carriers.

What I can't understand is how a pilot group in a newly formed and still quite fragile company wants to go to court claiming that they are mobbed and discriminated. Wouldn´t it be better to let their own union handle the question? Isn't that why they have a union?

And besides, does anybody have the result of he voting for the new CWA? I read in a newspaper that some 70 votes could have been manipulated. If it was a close call, it could have an impact but if the numbers where heavily towards the yes-side even 70 votes wouldn't change the result, or...?