PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - R/T status in KL FIR
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2006, 02:41
CI54

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello,

Firstly, with regards to the runway shortening in KLIA, what I can say is this.. We need some info to get us going.

We need to know where the work is going to be done, the height of obstructions and work equipment, their height and where are they located from the point of takeoff. Once we get all this information, we will pass them over to the performance engineer and he/she will put all this info into a software database that in return will do the maths and will come up with our maximum brake release weights and takeoff speed calculation at different temperature and wind component (headwind/ tailwind). The point is the sooner we can get this information, the better it is for all of us because then it would be a lot easier to formulate solutions.

After looking at all this, then we will be able to give you some info as to which type of aircraft will be able to operate on that runway at what kind of weights. For instance, 2500m of runway is approximately Kuching. Jumbo does operate into Kuching but the takeoff weight is definitely limited due to obvious reasons.

One thing that you should be aware is that for performance calculation, all takeoff is based on one engine failure. Therefore, the weights are quite restrictive. Another thing is for antiskid inoperative procedure, the landing weight is very restrictive for 2500m runway in wet conditions and also in tailwind conditions. So, I hope this little insight will be helpfull.

Secondly, that teh tarik session will be really helpfull. I suggest we do it on a weekend. That way, I can try and get some of the management pilot to join the discussion, if they are free....

Regards...