PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Please someone tell me this is a wind up.
Old 2nd May 2006, 23:24
Talk Wrench

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK.

As far as foreign policy allows, I have no doubt that training "other Air Forces" will exist as part of various governmental deals. e.g Omani Air Force, project Al Yamamah etc is within the "best interest philosophy".

However, I abhor the particular fact that OUR airmen and airwomen of which whom strive to be top quality engineers, will be sent out to a non mil establishment whilst we train others.

Whilst I will never disagree with the feed of modern civilian aircraft technology into (sic) military education, I do not wish to see our younger types enrolled on civvy college courses which replaces basic military aircraft education.

If DCAE are planning this, then the engineering standards will go down. Not by technological understanding, rather than the erosion of MILITARY STANDING.

There are plenty of civilian aircraft engineers who are skilled beyond the scope of military service and indeed should not suffer ridicule.

BUT, they are the ones who WILL NOT go to WAR.

THE MILITARY SIDE OF AIRCRAFT ENGINEERING SHOULD NOT BE UNDERMINED
BY THE PEN PUSHING BEAN COUNTERS, WHO THINK TRAINING AN ENGINEER IN A CIVIL TRAINING ENVIRONMENT WILL MAKE THEM GOOD MILITARY ENGINEERS.

Otherwise, they would be just civvies.

Talk Wrench