PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2006, 11:25
jack747

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi. I am here for almost 2 years and I have to agree with CARGOJOCK . For 2005 my flight time was 450 h. Positioning is 30-40h/month.
But I want to top up some more.
Travel. Our ID tickets as mentioned before are more expencive than street price (with firm seat). But our `free` tickets, once a year, are at the same price! It`s value goes to our income and we have to pay about 15% tax on that. For example europe flght, one way, is valued for ~3000,- SGD so we pay 450,- plus all taxes !! One way and they call it free !!! And this is not all. As they call it home base ticket, you can fly only to one (for ever) SIA destination, close to your home. No way to use this ticket for vacation to another place.
Child school allowence is 1400,- for a child, but again, it goes to our income, so pls deduct 15% from it, so it comes to ~ 1260,- I do not know if they pay it for the whole year, or only time the child goes to school.
You are talking about days off after long COP-s. So far, we, Cargo, follow a company policy (CA) it means unions deal. In the nearest future Cargo is going to use their own , CAA rules, so max number of off days after a long COP will be 4. The same is going to affect our hotels.
Resently, I was positioning together with other cpt from main fleet to LHR and BRU. His ticket (LHR-BRU)was booked and he was sitting in busines class, I was booked and sitting in economy. It is not a big deal, but a year ago we were flying together, and isn`t it a second category treatment ?
Things are going worse and worse, and for the future , there is no light in the tunnel.
For all new comers, consider all lies form the contract; excellent trvel , payment for positioning flights ( there is one case where they pay you for that, but it never happens on 744), free home base tickets, big bonus, productivity (they promise 7000/month, in real it is ~4800,-).
All the best for all.