PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet * Int requirements for ER OPs
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2006, 06:11
Elroy Jettson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gday Anqrka, is the harbour that "on the nose" that these guys are jumping at the chance to take a command and earn substantially less than a first year FO earns up there? Yes, I know its not all about money, but you're now used to reasonable dollars, isnt it a case of the the grass being greener? Or would they just swap it all to have some grass under foot full stop? Just curious...

How much is Jester charging for the interview sim ride for endorsed candidates, does anyone know?

I guess jester will end up with 2 distinct groups. Those who have made their bucks, and view it as a pension and semi retirement, and those who view it as a job search allowance while they look for a real flying job that pays the going rate. I guess it will closely resemble the 76 in mainline, the hospice for over 60's, and the most junior FO's hoping for better things.

Tinee Tim, you can forget about your great circle tracking through most of the airspace these guys are planning to fly in. Care to try requesting flex tracking through Ujung, Bali, Manila or Moresby? How about route restrictions through Moresby due to any number of things. For a laugh, have a look at the notams currently on PY, and ask yourself if you would rely solely on it for planning. What about when Guam shuts down routes when the kids there play war games? Its a long way to Osaka on a 60min plan. You need 120min minimum on any of these routes. Any savings made by $crewing their staff will be out the window in a very short period if they dont get it.

IMHO GD's euphoria of just how much money he will be making from this outfit will be very short lived. Obviously not learning much from his AO or his Jeffstar Asia experiences. (No offence to those of you genuinely trying to make a go of either of those outfits). Interesting to note that the "premium" read 'mainline' part of the group are making all of the money, proping up the failing low cost off shoots. I would (controversially) even include Jester domestic in this. QF props it up by copping the entire fuel surcharge, to subsidise Jester, and make it appear cheaper than VB. This is the most transparent creative accountancy practice. No doubt alot more Enron Style Accountancy going on behind the scenes.