PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Convair down in the Congo
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2006, 20:02
NYERAGONGO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was the day that convair took off from goma to masisi , the report we got from the local people there , they landed on the wrong direction , the nose gear went in some big holes , the aircraft turned over ,caught fire ,and exploded ,because they were carrying drums of fuel for vadacom ,,,,,,

The load master was lucky , because he didn't want to get on board at goma : he said :" i have already load the plane , so you don't need me there at lubutu because the aircarft will be empty on the way back"

Lubutu is not a runway not even approuved , it's a road on the way to walikale ,,,can only fit small aircraft , even them they have trouble to land there,,,,,,The convair doesn't fit for this kind of operations . Before the were flying good routings in congo and making money , they stopped because they were grounded by congolese CAA ,the reason is sky congo didn't go through customs when they imported the three convairs from south africa "(rumors)" ,and they are in court now .So ZS-KKI and ZS-KKK are in kinshasa grounded . At the same time ,ZS-KKH was stuck in mbujimayi for two weeks ,no fuel . The owner decided to fly the KKH to goma to stay away from the court issues.That's how they end up there operating there; Means that the crew were new in that area ,not knowing the runway conditions,,,,,

SHOT DOWN is only theory , there is no more rwandese rebels around in masisi especialy on final approach , they have been pushed back to the north est by UN peace keepers last year or two , otherwise no aircraft or cars will get there,,,,,,,,,What's the reason for shooting?
Some officers are still investigating , we'll see what comes out next week???,

My condelences to the people involved