PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 1st May 2006, 01:11
demandpump

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 9M-
I have a friend who have gotten his cpl/ir and came back failed the interview and went back to his accounting job till now. Wasted 50k+ for nothing.
That's so sad! I was about to ask if anyone had come back with a CPL and then went back to their old jobs because they couldn't find a flying job. Did you tell him not to give up and continue searching? Did he ONLY want to work for SIA and nothing else?

Originally Posted by sgrookie
Employment in Australia is generally not possible unless you're a PR there.
That's so true. The Australian GA market is quite flooded if you read the other threads. There's competition everywhere. When I did some recreational flying while studying there, the instructor (Australian) told me that he himself lost his previous job flying the banderante cos the company folded.

Originally Posted by 9M-
At least they give fixed pay unlike most other flying clubs around asia or australia that pay instructor on commission base. If u got 2 students a month then u can eat grass.
hmm... are you able to live comfortably while working as an instructor? Or do you need to do 2 jobs?

Last edited by demandpump; 1st May 2006 at 08:22.