PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'F15 Board of Inquiry Report - Support Group Response
Old 30th Apr 2006, 21:42
DICK DOLEMAN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gumbyswa

I am totally blown away by this statement:

Lastly, how did they (the mountain rescue guys) know where to look? They knew because someone in the USAF told someone in the RAF that an IR signature was created about 8 seconds after the last radar plot at the crash location. Not minutes later as if they would have been flying around, this also did not come out because we did not have this information at the CM.
I have read both the USAF and RAF BOI reports on this accident. There is absolutely no mention of the IR signature to which you refer. The RAF BOI goes into some detail on how they researched for seismological and AWACs evidence to establish a timeline for the accident (with no result). Please bear in mind that the RAF BOI was reconvened after the Court Martial and the IR signature data to which you refer would then have been available to them.

If what you say is true, I would have thought that any report would have simply stated that the Search and Rescue teams were directed to the precise scene of the crash by satellite(?) information revealing an IR signature shortly after loss of radar contact.

I respectfully request that you provide the proof to substantiate your statement. If you cannot do so, I think it must be withdrawn.

Last edited by DICK DOLEMAN; 1st May 2006 at 05:22.