PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DEC's at EK
Thread: DEC's at EK
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2006, 17:58
Aircav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Always Look On The Bright Side

Can anyone remember TCAS making a case for the high upgrade requirements in one of the management propoganda leaflets (Fleet Update). I think he said something about safety and the Gulf Air crash. I guess my 10000+ and 2.5 years in EK makes me less safe than the 8000 unknown hours.

BUT the Bright Side, I guess if the goalposts can be lowered for new joiners they can be lowered for loyal staff. Get rid of the 3 year requirement as it only looks foolish in the light of the DEC debacle(Wide body only please to who knows what next week) and allow people in the company a fair crack of the whip. Whooops, sorry I had shisha for the 1st time and it has gone to my head. It will never happen because we are HERE and once in they don't really care.

And before anyone gets on their high horse about knowing it was at least 3 years to command, I know, but times are changing, just not for the people actually keeping the expansion going, which is my gripe. Just think about how many more unhappy campers there will be in a few months when the latest fiddle does not work and our beloved DEC's start getting offered even more money to join. Think it won't happen, watch this space!!!!!!!

Keep discovering