PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trouble at Monarch??
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2006, 11:41
captainpaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Splat,

I would agree with you. I have never seen it done. Hopefully, it is only the minority who think it is done and find it acceptable.

A Captain from another company once said to me that the Company is entitled to treat us badly if they want to. There is nothing that says what they are doing is illegal. However, they must accept that they will be treated with the same lack of flexibility. If they don't bend a little for us, we won't work days off or leave days and we'll find it hard to accept roster changes at short notice. It then becomes an unwritten understanding between the two parties. That allows you to go home and be happy with your days work, but tells the company that not everyone is onside.

I found it refreshing that he wasn't angry at all about the situation, but had decided quietly that he would fulfill his job description to the best of his ability, but would otherwise only match the company's flexibility and respect for him. It made a nice change from banging tables and shouting.