PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Convair down in the Congo
View Single Post
Old 30th Apr 2006, 10:07
Q4NVS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andre and Charles

Having known both these guys for many years, all I can say is that it is (as always) a great loss to aviation and humanity in general..

One never had to be told when Andre was back in town, on a few weeks leave from Malaysia and Air Atlanta. You'd just hear his enthusiastic discussions and laughs about what he loved (aviation), from metres away. The general response, hey, Andre is back!

Charles, what a sincere and positive guy he was. Having loved aviation, he would also be the first to jump in his car after work, to spend maximum time with his wife and children. That was the friend I knew..

It has been a sad few days for many of us and am sure will still be for many weeks and months to come.

My personal dream is that if they had to go, then it should NOT be without repurcussions for who/what we all know is an extremely "Dangerous and Unscrupulous " operator - They had to pay the ultimate price!

Enough said, as I would like to take this time to remember my good friends.

For those interested, I will post details of the Memorial Service, as soon as these do become available.

RIP Boys, we will always miss you!