PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tire failure V1-5KTS,GO!
View Single Post
Old 29th Apr 2006, 15:37
rhovsquared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this thread has me thinking of one time when an RTO incident at TEB after Vr and a subsequent crash into a building saved everyone's life. remember that corporate jet Bombardier Challenger???, that was forced into an abort due to an inabililty to rotate? I think in this case the dispatch people lied about the weight and loaded in the plane beyond CoG limits, therefore the stab. setting was incorrect...amazing what money can do, if i have my story straight . Well, the pilot aborted after Vr ran across a highway and into a building... but if he didn't close those thrust levers and pull RT, he would have been at extreme KE making the crash unsurvivble. After the crash the pax excaped and the Capt and FO were pinned severly injured and covered in Jet A1, but they lived. the point of this, which I think also supports john_tullamarine's and other's here feelings on this issue; is that the lesser of two evils applied; Mr. Murphy was defeated and IMHO sometimes it just left up to God, who at times trumps the SOP's, AFM, AC's, Mr. Boeing, FAA, JAA, CAA..............

Last edited by rhovsquared; 29th Apr 2006 at 15:50.