PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 29th Apr 2006, 02:58
sgrookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm... I have an Australian CPL but apparently its not recognised in CAAS eyes. Anyway, I've flown in Australia & tried to sign up for SIA. I succeeded. However, I guess like so many other people in the thread, if SIA didn't employ me, all is not lost. Just try to get a job flying as a Flight Instructor. I guess for Australia, I can probably get employment in the smaller towns, but not in the 5 major cities where GAAP aerodromes are as its pretty over-saturated with pilots. I've read somewhere in this forum that MFA tried to hire an Australian instructor? I'm not sure but I believe that if one really wants to fly, where one fly doesn't really matter as the job will take one all over the place anyway. That was my resolution when I first took the self-sponsored course. I didn't really contribute the story earlier as I know that I'm really lucky as I need not go through the extreme hard work & sacrifice that other countries' pilots put themselves to.