PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE FIR RVSM...shall we say... ISSUES!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2006, 16:52
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah ok Jors Troolie, so how do we judge a reputable airline from a non reputable airline when deciding who to believe and who not to. I wouldn't trust Qatar Airways as far as I could kick it. Some of their pilots don't even try to meet ATC requirements, and couldn't care less. Just because they are a big regional airline, I am to believe them over for example an Iranian airline that does everything asked of them and then some.

Everyday we get details passed on to us from a "couldn't give a ****" FIR on flights we don't have flight plans on that is completely wrong. Every day we get relayed details of flights supposedly landing Dubai that are actually for Sharjah, that supposedly is a 767 and turns out to be a 727. Are we supposed to believe that the "couldn't give a ****" FIR has actually checked the RVSM status while they haven't even managed to confirm the type of aircraft being flown.

As has been said before, forgetting the specific RVSM issue, the proper reciept of a flight plan is a serious safety issue and should be treated as such. The hard line taken by the UAE has drastically improved the percentage of correctly filed flight plans. The airlines are getting the message through their hip pocket. The other FIR's can send all the grumpy letter they like, it won't make a bit of difference until they implement actions that hurt the airlines bottom lines.