PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trouble at Monarch??
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2006, 15:28
Scarebus321

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good afternoon all,

I don't wish to be the harbinger of doom but I think we all need to wake up to the way that goofy,PB and the glorious bean counters are taking us... I fully accept that the issues of the FSPS are very important - but it seems we are taking our eyes off the ball with regard to the "low cost, no cost" schedule routes. Sadly the writing is on the wall for all of us - no matter what fleet or what base - you will all be flying a lot harder in order to ensure that aircraft are crewed with minimum number of crews with the maximum number of rotations - It's called "the low cost model" and it's the favourite night time read of most aviation accountants.

With none of the usual "down time" in the winter - and the usual chaotic scheduling, this has already had an effect on "certain" fleets leaving many knackered before the summer begins! You think I'm joking? then just explain the high number of recent CHIRP reports..

T&c's may be the same as when we signed on the dotted line - but it appears that goal posts are being cunningly moved - and unless we try to be a unified voice on this matter then only those with GENUINE profit related pay will be laughing!