PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE FIR RVSM...shall we say... ISSUES!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2006, 10:58
cat man do

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Antman
With your experience in working comm centre you will also know that messages get sent from centre to centre or hub to hub. The problem here is that certail hubs/centres do not forward the correct addresses either through lack of standards, equipment or they are just **** at what they do. I have checked out this letter that we have floating around and it appears that each 'pushdown' is investigated and a letter sent to the authority of the country concerned. The letter is also sent to ICAO regional office so I gather something should be done in these countries. I am sure with you working down south the problem is as bad as there?
ATCO1962
The point is that with one way airways the safety issue with RNP is not as severe as with RVSM. Operators flying into this region are known not to be the most honest. Do we try and seperate the honest ones from the not so honest ones?? No we do something constructive in ensuring fpls are sent.
I have a question for you, an airline files 3 fpls. The first is a lander in your fir, the next 2 fpls are all overflights. Assuming all other details are the same, which fpl do you accept as being the correct one?