PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE FIR RVSM...shall we say... ISSUES!!
View Single Post
Old 27th Apr 2006, 05:34
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not saying the AFTN is infallible but for the most part it is the same airlines again and again that do this. For the record I said the Air Zimbabwe flight never files (inbound from Zimbabwe) and also other flights from Baghdad from other so-called airlines. I agree absolutely that airlines should investigate fully all push downs just as is done by GCAA. If all the airlines took flight planning as seriously as they should in this part of the world, we wouldn't be having this problem. I have on a number of occasions been told by an angry pilot that why didn't we have the flight plan when the neighboring FIR had it, when on investigation they in fact didn't have it but didn't give a ****. Thats the problem here if all FIR's demanded that a flight plan was filed then the problem would be solved by the FIR where the flight has originated. The problem we have all the time is a flight gets out of Pakistan for Europe. The flight gets to FL360 cruising with no flight plan in the system. Pakistan doesn't care, as who needs a flight plan anyway. Muscat doesn't care, as who needs a flight plan anyway. The flight gets to our boundary still with no flight plan and we are the bad guys cos we force Muscat to push them down to FL280. Then the flight takes a different route than expected, "because thats the way we planned", and the importance of having a flight plan becomes clear.