PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe MAPS
Thread: Flybe MAPS
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2006, 13:43
moggiee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wee Weasley Welshman
Yes but the point is that if someone did make a legal case against them they would have to defend their assertion that it takes longer or is harder to train a 42yr old than a 18 - 29yr old as advertised for. They couldn't just claim it without evidence that was strongly related to the job advertised for.
There is plenty of evidence to that effect and I am sure that if I could be bothered to move my 40 year old fingers across the keyboard, I could learn to serach it all out on the interthingynetweb whatsit!

Seriously, there IS evidence that oldies are harder to train. Of course, experience may offset some of the learning issues - but there is no guarantee. Remember also that older people are more likely to suffer heart disease, strokes, cancer, eyesight and hearing degradation etc.

I am far less likely to see and hear an approaching lorry than I was 20 years ago and it will only be a question of whether or not the heart attack or the impact puts me into Intensive Care. This last bit is not entirely tongue in cheek.