PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE FIR RVSM...shall we say... ISSUES!!
View Single Post
Old 26th Apr 2006, 12:32
Fox3snapshot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst the odd push down is due to a glitch in the AFTN process or similar I do sympathise, but I do take great delight (and I really mean that!) in pushing down certain companies who for my last 8 1/2 years in the Middle East cannot be Ar*ed to get their flight planning squared away and I think all controllers in this region know who I am talking about.

One of the said companies (rhymes with Ta-Ta) who operates in this FIR on a daily basis 3 weeks down the track after the appropriate promulgation still haven't ammended a routing that takes them into their destination even after continual attempts by us to get them to inform their ops....they obviously can't be bothered so why should we pander to their negligence and unprofessional operation.

No sympathy I'm afraid.

PPRune Radar
"Issue 3 concerns data transfer from the adjacent ACCs. Is this done electronically through OLDI "

Mate, we can't even handoff a target between our own sectors never mind data between adjacent units! The only connectivity apart from our telephone is the AFTN and the flight plans received are then manually entered into our out dated and timexed system.