PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar advertising for drivers in the Middle East
Old 25th Apr 2006, 03:31
Can't think of a name

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JETSTAR!?!?!?!
You must be kidding! The Jetstar boys and girls recently signed off on a pilot deal that has destroyed Australian Aviation, from a professional pilot's career perspective. If anybody thinks that the Jetstar offer provides EITHER money or lifestyle, then PLEASE explain it to me?!
Yes, they probably will get a few people for a variety of reasons, but to consider a A330 Airline Captain as worth the same money as a Sydney Metro Train driver is a pretty good indication of where Qantas management hold the credibility of their pilots. The Qantas bosses tried it on (probably giggling behind their hands saying "nobody will be stupid enough to sign off on this, but hey, lets try it and see!") and sure enough..........
I don't blame the pilots for taking whatever position they signed off on, but the basic pilot quality of "doing whatever it takes to get my ass in a bigger shinier jet" has been , in this case especially, masterfully manipulated by the big Dick(son).
You've made your bed of nails guys and girls: I just hope you can eventually get comfortable laying on it.
All the best.....CTOAN