PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA CARGO
Thread: SIA CARGO
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2006, 19:57
F Dolarhyde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's your problem Cargojock?
I agree that there could be more flying and less paxing in SIA Cargo but you and Warden seems to have lost it completely.
I average 50 hours a month and that's what I expected. One just had to look at the COP's which were given out during the interview and one could easily see that it wouldn't be more than that.
Outdoor life in Singapore? Of course it's not like Alaska or Australia but didn't you have a map when you signed up for this? With about 650 square km and 4.6 million people it's not so hard to understand that you can't do a three day wilderness trip, is it?
On the other hand, considering the long layovers you should have plenty of time to do your outdoors...
I have not met anyone who wants to leave because of few hours. I've met a couple of commuting guys that are unhappy and I can understand them. I would never try to commute while working for SIA Cargo, the unstable rosters and sporadic standbys would mean to many days wasted away from home.
Another thing; please release the caps lock button. Having it on only makes the text harder to read.

Last edited by F Dolarhyde; 25th Apr 2006 at 20:29.