PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2006, 18:08
GeeRam

Received 79 Likes on 41 Posts
Rutting Dinosaur.....

Beags…with your knowledge, please correct me if I’m ranting off at a tangent here…

But, my long standing unease with the whole ‘558 situation has been the apparent go it alone methods of TVOC in relation the rest of the civil operated ex-mil jet operations?

My view, maybe misplaced, would have been to try and generate a sound business plan to find a commercial use for the old girl once airworthy rather than a pure airshow display role, which is why many sceptics have always questioned the viability of the operation of such a complex and hugely expensive bit of kit for a such a single purpose, especially considering the lack of budgets of many of today’s airshow organisers. The display rate for a civilian operated Vulcan must be staggering….

Civilian contract use for her to earn a living as well as some display work I would have thought would have made more business sense and may have not had to drag in the HLF.
Were HHA/Delta Jets/Air Atlantic’s etc., experiences tapped into?
It’s range capabilities would have enabled contract use in the USA and even maybe stints at Thunder Cities Test Pilot school use could have been a potential revenue earner but still allowing occasional display use.

Or am I being unrealistic here?