PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training and possibly moving to Canada
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2006, 14:17
yyzdub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you serious? You are thinking that it's a possibility to get a Canadian passport because you have a pilot's license or am I misunderstanding you? Surely you realise that getting a citizenship involves living, working and positively contributing to that country's society along with a lengthy application process???? I can assure you that Canada doesn't have passport lying around that they're willing just to toss out to anyone that wants one! It would be nice and probably not so insulting to people if you had said you want a Canadian citizenship because of what Canada can offer you, life style, quality of life, etc and not a backup to not being eligible for an American passport. Give me a break.

And as for job availabilty - you may want to do a little more research because there are countless well qualified pilots with 1000s of hours still flying around on pistons. Getting into light aircraft flying will involve plenty of time on the dock or loading. If you really want to build some hours after you get your license, try Africa. Knew many people who headed there and had some of the best experiences of their lives, built hours, made crap money but had fun doing it - try Botswana.