PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2006, 09:03
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I think the Monkey has pretty much said it all.
I am also disturbed at the number of excuses that eminate from the Vulcan crowd about how things had not been included in the calculations etc. Clearly, those responsible for the initial budgeting need to account for their short comings. I also agree that it seems to be everyone elses fault except theirs, and that tends to convice me that it is pretty much ALL their fault.

BEagle, you and I served together many years ago now, and I always admire your (usually!!) balanced argument, but do you not agree with TSM that someone should have forseen this nonesence called H&S?? after all, its been around for quite a while now, and I know from bitter experience that the power they weild is almost unbridled. I simply cannot understand why it has come as such a shock, (and at such a late stage) to the Vulcan people. After all, they are all civilians, and it is not like they are working to a (lesser?) military H & S standard?

I also read Plemings report and found it lacked any substance and commitment to the project, and I can understand why so many are disturbed at his failure to respond to their taxing questions. Maybe we should get DT to ask him directly and perhaps we may get a reply??

I still hold out a very thin sliver of hope for 558, but it is very thin and will snap soon I fear, unless things start to progress and those involved can be seen to be doing something worthwhile, and simply not putting the blame for everything onto others.

The Winco