PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE FIR RVSM...shall we say... ISSUES!!
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2006, 07:50
sandborne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am commenting from an ATCO's point of view. If we do not have a current and correct flight plan than for us the aircraft is not RVSM. No we cannot band together and refuse to not act as per our local instructions. There are people who wouldn't do it in the first place and others that can't afford to lose their jobs or have no where else to go etc. The complaint about flight plans not being recieved is a legimate one but it they are not all ways addressed correctly. Quite often companies mistake Dubai or Abu Dhabi approach for the ACC and address it there.
I have had one example of a pilot saying to me that he had a copy of his plan and it was addressed to us and we didn't recieve it and I have not been able to explain why to him. That is why I said you need to complain to your companies to put pressure on the GCAA to investigate the workings of it's com centre as I feel that some of the problem, but not all, stems from there. Here's one way I can think of (but don't refer to me). Refuse to pay for our services until the investigation is complete that will stir the pot a bit I bet.