PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 24th Apr 2006, 07:32
The Swinging Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another typical reply from the TVOC bunch of faceless individuals who spout lots, but actually say nothing.
I, like many others, have supported this project for more years than I care to recall and I am now fed up of hearing the same old bleeting comments about why they need more money, because things were underestimated, over-charged, 'not foreseen' blah. I did very much want to see the old girl get back in the air, but now I firmly believe that the time has come to simply let her RIP in a museum somewhere. Am I the only one who is sick to death of hearing how it is always some one elses fault, and never TVOC??
Those responsible at TVOC have a lot to answer for, and I would welcome an open public debate where those of us who have paid good money to them can have the opportunity to ask them some serious and difficult questions, and maybe get some straight and honest answers.
It is my belief that a lot of people are making a pretty good living off the back of this project, not least of all the 10+ members of the trust! (Maybe one of them might like to disclose his/her 'earnings'? or maybe that info is readily available through the charity commision or something??
And why does it need 10+ of them as Tim says? what do they all do? What does any of them do?
Dr Pleming, if you are reading this, then please have the courage and commitment to answer some of the questions raised in this forum. Likewise, please tell me why you have not had the common decency to reply to any of my e mails or letters or to the correspondance from lots of my friends and colleagues about the project?? Being asked difficult questions is NOT a reason to deny a reply.
SSBS. Your comments are simply invalid. As Tim rightly points out, this project now attracts lottery funding as well as all the public money donated and I think they have a duty to inform us of the progress, after all, what are the 10+ doing????
And very busy people?? who exactly are you talking about?? the engineers or the 10+ 'nobodys'? You will be asking us soon to believe that they are so busy that they don't all have other jobs and occupations!
BEagle. Of course the hangar was up to the standard of the RAF hangars in which 558 lived, and yes, the ridiculously excessive Health and Safety nonsense has made everything costly, but that is NOT an excuse for TVOC to get it wrong in the first place. After all, if they didn't see this problem (or most of the others) then the word 'incompetance' springs to mind.
The most 'welcome topic' would be to hear that the project is finally being wound up once-and-for-all, and that the aircraft is being put back together, and those responsible for the 'farce' are being investigated.
The time has come to let her go. Let the old girl take pride of place in a museum and let's stop wasting money on a project that is way past its sell-by date.
Regards
TSM