PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UAE FIR RVSM...shall we say... ISSUES!!
View Single Post
Old 23rd Apr 2006, 09:55
sandborne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not true about not taking into account RNP and TCAS status of aircraft. If it is known that an aircraft doesn't have a working TCAS it is either grounded in UAE or refused entry into the FIR. As for RNP we are allowed to ask the status and to take the pilot's word for it re their approval. If it becomes apparent that an aircraft is not RNAV or RNP capable eg can't fly a STAR then it is grounded in UAE. No point you flyers complaining here we can't do anything about it. Talk to your company to start pressuring UAE to fix it's com centre. Personally I agree there is a problem there but we have heard excuses from pilots like their departure point doesn't have aftn. Heard of a fax mate? As for adjoining units it is a pain for us to use them to do our work for them because it causes disharmony and I can only suggest an early release to me and I will tell the aircraft. Sorry for you overflying on long hauls and being descended but for us ATCOs we like having our jobs more than we like you having yours.