PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Filing ATC flight Plans on the internet
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2006, 21:45
routechecker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chiglet
I file [on the Internet] Gamston direct SAM/N0200F090 IFR N866 EGJJ. IFPS accepts this Plan. I am VFR to SAM, and being used [in my own country] to fly at FL90...I do so. Also, I am unaware of my "responsibility" to let All other participating ATSUs know about my actions.Whilst not a [total] Luddite...I am not too happy with this system
watp,iktch
Presumed knowledge of the law is the principle in jurisprudence that one is bound by a law even if one does not know of it. It has also been defined as the "prohibition of ignorance of the law".
Credit for this statement goes to Wikipidea.
It's published in all the National AIPs of the ECAC:
2.5. Distribution of Messages by the IFPS
The IFPS distributes all IFR/GAT flight plan and associated messages to the appropriate
addressees within the IFPS Distribution Area.
In addition, IFPS distributes all IFR/GAT flight plan and associated messages to all “extra addresses”, regardless of their location, which are provided by the message originator using the Re-addressing Function. (see § 2.3.3.)
Flight plans and associated messages which are part IFR or GAT will be addressed automatically by IFPS only to those ATS Units concerned with the IFR or GAT portion of the route. The message originator is always responsible for ensuring the addressing of all appropriate messages to those addressees concerned with VFR or OAT route portions. The re-addressing function can be used for this purpose.