PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Apr 2006, 18:26
fantaman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wulcan to the Sky Trust Speaks Out

Hi All,

I sent an e-mail to the trust today hoping to get an answer to a few of the burning questions raised on this and othe forums.

My E-mail to them
Good Afternoon Vulcan to the Sky Trust,

As I’m sure you’re aware, the recent press release by the Vulcan to the Sky Trust has raised more than a few questions. Most of these seem to be based on the UKAR and PPrune forums. I have added the links below.

http://www.ukar.co.uk/cgi-bin/ukarboard/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=14106

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222368

One of the recurring statements is that no one from the Trust seems to be answering the questions put forward by so many of the supporters, enthusiasts and critics. This now seems to be putting people off donating more money to the fund as many seem to think that the Trusts silence means there is much more lurking in the background.

Many on the PPrune forum see the project turning into a “white elephant”. I fear that if the Trust does not answer the questions put to them by its many supporters and critics, its stands to loose so much more than it can afford to. I’m sure you’ll agree, at this stage the trust needs all the help it can get.

The response
Thank you for your email and the references.I have visited the sites.

I would ask that you perhaps reply on these sites on our behalf and suggest that those who wish to know visit the Vulcantothesky website.

I am obviously most concerned that there are those who feel negative but we do communicate as much as we can and the latest press release is on our site and we have been on ITV across all the regions telling everyone that escalating and unexpected costs from contractors who are treating this project on a purely commercial basis have caused us a problem.

It is impossible for me to cover every outlet and to answer every question and, therefore, if you felt able that would be great. Please be assured, and pass this on to everyone concerned, that Vulcan to the Sky Trust has done everthing possible to make this project happen.Five years of blood, sweat and tears and, in my case, free of charge!

If it has to stop it will not be through any lack of good management or idle hope, it will be entirely due to costs that cannot be covered by voluntary donation and believe me we have tried to get a corporate sponsor.This may still happen but there is natural caution from such people until she is tested and flies and we may not have the time to get there before the Trustees have to call a halt.

This will be a tragedy should it have to happen but for whatever reason, and maybe those just stated, the extra money is not available at this time.

We have set up an escrow account for donations since the time we felt we may need to be concerned so any funds donated now can be returned.

I agree though people will be reticent to give in the likelihood of failure.

We continue to endeavour to open doors and will keep everyone updated on the VulcantotheSky website.

Thank for your support