PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trouble at Monarch??
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2006, 19:40
Bealzebub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So X11, why exactly did you sign on ? presumably you read the contract you were being offered and accepted the terms and conditions you were signing up to ? Despite what you suggest these "appalling" terms and conditions were not imposed on you. They were offered to you as a new joiner after they were introduced. It was you that accepted them.

As regards the conditions for pre existing pilots you are probably correct, however over the next 10 to 15 years most of those pilots will have moved off the normal retirement point and then the planned transformation will be virtually complete. I agree that T&Cs are worse for the new joiners, but unfortunetaly this is the new reality of life in the world of low cost airlines, pay as you go training, and shovelling 250 hour "experienced" co-pilots into the right seat of every other jet.

All of this isn't to say that I don't have some sympathy with many of the points you make, but I keep coming back to the same question. Why did you sign on and accept this ?