PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 9 survive Caravan C208B crash landing in N. Tanzania
Old 20th Apr 2006, 11:17
thrustucantrust

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coleman,
Can you expalin why "well done to the crew". A caravan can be put down anywhere. As can an otter. Whilst not commercially preferable it is better than a "crashed landing". I have little knowledge of the Van but plenty in the otter (amongst many others) and the region, its problems and pressures. Is it another case of head in the sand attitude to accidents touched upon by Bushbolox in the other thread? The real question should be what sequence of events caused the aircraft to end up where it did to the extent that the crew had no choice and so became the recipient of your congratulations. Its arse about face my dear. A bit like executives getting a large leaving bonus when they have wrecked a company. IE it shouldnt have happened, either operationaly or airmanhip wise.

edited to add. Coleman i did attribute SRT's comment to you wrongly but the argument remians the same and is therefore directed to both.

Last edited by thrustucantrust; 20th Apr 2006 at 15:27.