PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC Nonsense
Thread: ASIC Nonsense
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2006, 04:07
RENURPP

Received 33 Likes on 8 Posts
My ASIC expired, (and I didn't realise, whoops) and I had been gaining access to airports throughout Australia NO QUESTIONS ASKED for several months. I understand glass houses and all that, BUT I do not support any of the DOTARs security measures, I see them as window dressing and at best a joke. This confirms it for me.

I was confronted by an NT DOTARs manager during a turn around, who just wanted to be a pain in the arse advising me I had to proceed through security as I walked across some imaginary line , only obvious in his imagination. Had he been doing his job he would have noticed that my ASIC wasn't current and should not have been there at all. He could have had the pleasure of fining me $500.

Every time we proceed airside in Perth, our ASIC's are checked by those morons who can't even stand up to have a proper look, again they would have realised that they were allowing, and in some cases opening the door to allow me airside without a valid ASIC.

I also was issued with a valid access card, i.e. access to all terminal doors around Aus, yet did not have a valid ASIC.

What hope have the poor old terrorists got of beating DOTARs? every chance.

JOKE is the only word for it.