PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vulcan to the Sky, The End? (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Apr 2006, 01:11
Tim McLelland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well who knows what has really happened over the past decade since the project started. Let's just hope that they get themselves a proper sponsor eventually, instead of having to continually beg for contributions which will inevitably dry-up and never quite be enough in any case!

Incidentally, what's all this in their press release about how a "Concorde will never fly again" ?
Er... says who?

Anyhow, I find all this news a bit strange - we're continually told how the Lottery people examine every case with great care now, so how can they suddenly throw money at the Vulcan only to find-out a few months later that the project is in danger of failing? Doesn't sound quite right to me. What exactly is this half-a-million "over-run" and what exactly is a "100 percent uplift" in English? And why wasn't everything finalised down to the last penny before the Lottery Fund handed-over their cash?

I'm still prompted to ask why there isn't any definitive information from TVOC as to what is really going on. It's all very well to quote "reports" and what people "have heard" but where are the facts and figures? I thought the Vulcan had been "handed to the nation" in which case, maybe the nation ought to be a little better informed?

Last edited by Tim McLelland; 20th Apr 2006 at 12:03.