PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS'S occupational health and safety policies
Old 20th Apr 2006, 00:58
satmstr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr Qantas
Just cause some staff has got a chip on there back cause they have been caught it doesnt meen safety isnt important. Take a look at the LTI level today (lost time injury) compared to 10 years ago. I appluad management for making the workplace safer and i think we should all value the importance of this.
Mr Qantas , i do agree safety is important , but only upto a point, if you work for an airline ( gee wonder what airline) , have you seen what some of the injurys there are? , they are injurys that are so stupid and then management comes and says that they belive that we can get injurys down to zero , sorry i total disagree with that statement you will NEVER HAVE ZERO INJURYS ( minor or major injurys) there will always be the odd injury that can not be avioded, and the amount of money spent to implement these stupid programs i am sure they could be spent there time and half of the money that they spent on safety to improve other areas of the airline. it just really feels like we are being treated like little kids , dont do this dont do that , like come on hold the hand rail while using the stairs, what happens when you are taking stuff up or down the stairwells when you cant hold hold the rail?? ...its just geeting to the stage were people will start to have a who cares attuide . anyhow just my two cents worth