PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC Nonsense
Thread: ASIC Nonsense
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2006, 07:58
satmstr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by apache
So what about all the OTHER people who need / have airside access ?
ie the freight agents, meeting the freight planes; the ambulance people meeting the RFDS plane? the local police man who has to investigate anything and everything that goes on at the local airport? or the firemen who attend a potential "wheels up "?

Are ALL ambulance officers, firepeople, and policemen/women going to be issued ASIC's as well ? and what if the local copper is caught NOT wearing an ASIC whilst investigating agas theft ? is he/she going to issue themselves a $550 fine ?
Is the Fire chief at, say, Dubbo going to ask the pilot if he/she could land in a field away from the terminal ? or maybe " can you please crash near the fence" ?
Apache, to my understanding any Ambulance, Fire brigade and police are exempt from having a ASIC as long as access to the restricted "airside area" is for emergencies only . And also to my understanding is that most major airports are federal land, so the federal police are in charge of these areas not the local state police , but state police can be called in if they need them.

Correct me if i am wrong guys , Satmstr