PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Trouble at Monarch??
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2006, 21:47
DOORPOST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trouble at Monarch

It is not just the junior F/O's leaving for pastures new, I hasten to add, going to Virgin and BA. Several Senior F/Os on the old Monarch contracts have given up Command courses this year and prospective courses for next year to leave. These guys are not just on the A320/1 at Manchester.

I don't think any have gone to Easy or Ryanair but unfortunately as stated previously, Monarch are going down the low cost route and do not have competitive payscales, sector pay, however I believe it is being negotiated. Atleast by working hard you do get the financial compensation and possibly not get the 15-24 plot changes in a fortnight!!
Even on the A320 at BA, where some are destined, atleast rosters are stable, good staff travel and the possibility to transfer to other fleets after initial freeze.

At the end of the day, the grass isn't necessarily greener, just different and different lifestyles suit different people.
Monarch isn't the same place as it was and the younger New Entrants are treating it as a Training Organisation to get the jet experience to move on to better, larger operators where more opportunities are available to them.