PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Free Masons - Should they "come out"?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2006, 18:08
Spence Braithwaite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where Are We Going With This?

Only just got round to reading this thread, not sure if I should have done now! The initial question was basically requesting membership details, as details are not published for any other organisation why should the masons do so? As to the ongoing question about membership enhances ones promotion prospects all I can say is rubbish, I have been a mason for several years, I wear a masonic symbol on my name badge, mention it on my annual boast sheet and where has it got me.....absolutally no-where, if anything it has hindered me. I am a mason because I like to help people less fortunate than myself, I am also a rotarian for the same reason. As far as my personal experiences go I have seen more of my comrades promoted because they played golf with senior officers or drank with their 1st RO than any Buff, Mason or Rotarian. There was a similar thread a few years ago, having a go at Freemasons for their anonimity, as I wrote then, it is a sorry state of affairs when the only person posting threads using their REAL name is a member of the "Secret Society" that you are all having a go at!